Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hello Santa..we're almost there!

Tuesday, Dec. 20th.   Just two more days before we leave to head to the stepson's for Christmas.  This will be a great trip home for a week.  Family, then on to friends for a couple of days to see Larry and Ruth Ann.  They are some of our best friends, who also ride a Gold Wing motorcycle.  They are coming down to Texas for a month to spend time out and about with us as we travel around to see the valley.

In preparation for leaving on Thursday, everyone has been asking us if we are packed yet?  What's with this?  We always pack either the night before or the day of a trip.  Doesn't take us long.  We did do a dry run with our puppy though.  Took him to a neighbors house to do a sleep over last night.  She is going to keep him for us while we are gone so we both thought it would be nice for him to try a night so she would know what to expect.  But I must say - he is the best behaved dog I have ever had.


I just know he is going to miss us when we are gone.  He will sit like this for hours looking at me waiting for me to give him a command, play ball or ask him to sit on my lap.  He is a blonde Cocker Spaniel at 2.5 years and EVERYONE in the park loves him as he is so friendly, never barks and is well behaved.

I think our biggest problem will be in the transition from 70 degree weather to snow and cold in one day.  At least it will feel like Christmas.  Can't wait to see grand daughter number 6, she's two and a real bowl of energy.  Here's a picture of her fashion choices for yesterday:

I just love the idea of wearing your boots all day just in the hopes of going outside to play in the snow.  See you soon Claire....

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Good blog. I'll have to follow yours, especially since you signed up as follower on mine. And, any wife willing to drive the trike in "inclement" weather for you is definitely a keeper. 21 years...damn good start. Our anniversary is on December 25...our 43rd.

    If you want to know something about my wife, check our my very first blog post at Jan 1.

    ReplyDelete